UPDATE 1-Antrim Energy's quarterly loss widens
* Q1 loss/shr $0.02 vs loss/shr $0.01 last year
* Q1 oil and gas rev $3.1 mln vs $3.2 mln last year
* Says sees FY production of 1,800 boepd in Argentina
* Shares down 2 pct
May 14 (Reuters) - Junior oil and gas explorer Antrim Energy Inc (AEN.TO) posted a wider first-quarter loss, hurt by lower oil sales volumes due to the sale of its Puesto Guardian field in Argentina.
Antrim, which has assets in the UK North Sea and Argentina, said it expects daily production in Argentina to average about 1,800 net barrels of oil equivalent per day (boepd) in 2010.
For the first quarter, average production in Argentina increased 15 percent to 1,835 boep/d.
Antrim posted net loss of $2.1 million or 2 cents per share, for the quarter, compared with a loss of $1.8 million, or 1 cent a share, a year ago.
Oil and gas revenue decreased marginally to $3.1 million.
Shares of the company were trading down 2 percent at 97 Canadian cents Friday morning on the Toronto Stock Exchange. (Reporting by Arnika Thakur in Bangalore; Editing by Maju Samuel)
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea