Sri Lanka offers Emirates $55m for airline stake
COLOMBO May 14 (Reuters) - Sri Lanka's government has offered $55 million to buy back the 43.6 percent stake Dubai's Emirates airline [EMIRA.UL] holds in national carrier SriLankan Airlines, the island nation's treasury secretary said on Friday.
"Sri Lanka is going to buy it ... $55 million is the price we have indicated," P.B. Jayasundera, secretary of the finance ministry and the treasury, told Reuters in an interview. (Reporting by Shihar Aneez; Editing by Bryson Hull)
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'open aggression' as rebels advance |
- Disruptive Hong Kong protests loom after China rules out democracy |
- European investors hold nerve as Russia-Ukraine warnings ratchet up
- Fighting erupts between Syrian army, rebels on Golan Heights |
- Pakistani protesters clash with police, soldiers secure state TV |