Sri Lanka offers Emirates $55m for airline stake
COLOMBO May 14 (Reuters) - Sri Lanka's government has offered $55 million to buy back the 43.6 percent stake Dubai's Emirates airline [EMIRA.UL] holds in national carrier SriLankan Airlines, the island nation's treasury secretary said on Friday.
"Sri Lanka is going to buy it ... $55 million is the price we have indicated," P.B. Jayasundera, secretary of the finance ministry and the treasury, told Reuters in an interview. (Reporting by Shihar Aneez; Editing by Bryson Hull)
- Hong Kong protesters stockpile supplies, fear fresh police advance |
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |
- Stocks head for worst quarter since euro crisis, dollar soars
- EBay follows Icahn's advice, plans PayPal spinoff in 2015
- Special Report: Islamic State uses grain to tighten grip in Iraq