Iran says will continue 20 percent enrichment
TEHRAN May 17 (Reuters) - Iran will continue its uranium enrichment activities, including production of 20 percent enriched uranium, even after signing a nuclear fuel swap deal with Turkey and Brazil on Monday, a senior official told Reuters.
"There is no relation between the swap deal and our enrichment activities ... We will continue our 20 percent uranium enrichment work," said Ali Akbar Salehi, head of Iran's Atomic Energy Organisation.
(Reporting by Parisa Hafezi)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon
- Investigators look overseas for hackers in Target case: source
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter