Banco de Chile April profit down 5.3 pct vs March
SANTIAGO May 18 (Reuters) - Chile's No. 2 bank, Banco de Chile CHI.SN, said on Tuesday profit fell a preliminary 5.3 percent in April from March, which traders said was likely due to increased loan provisions.
Banco de Chile, controlled by Chile's Luksic group and Citigroup Inc (C.N), posted a profit of 38,166 million pesos ($73 million) in April.
The bank had a profit of 138,972 million pesos ($267 million) in the first four months of the year, up 80 percent from the same period last year, according to analyst calculations.
Banco de Chile had a profit of $509 million in 2009. (Reporting by Antonio de la Jara; Writing by Alonso Soto; Editing by Steve Orlofsky)
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote