Banco de Chile April profit down 5.3 pct vs March
SANTIAGO May 18 (Reuters) - Chile's No. 2 bank, Banco de Chile CHI.SN, said on Tuesday profit fell a preliminary 5.3 percent in April from March, which traders said was likely due to increased loan provisions.
Banco de Chile, controlled by Chile's Luksic group and Citigroup Inc (C.N), posted a profit of 38,166 million pesos ($73 million) in April.
The bank had a profit of 138,972 million pesos ($267 million) in the first four months of the year, up 80 percent from the same period last year, according to analyst calculations.
Banco de Chile had a profit of $509 million in 2009. (Reporting by Antonio de la Jara; Writing by Alonso Soto; Editing by Steve Orlofsky)
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media