UPDATE 1-Donaldson sees Q3 above Wall Street
* Sees Q3 adj EPS of $0.64-$0.66, rev of $498 million
* Ups FY adj EPS view to $2.10-$2.20, above est
* Ups FY rev view to $1.83 bln-$1.86 bln
* Shares up 2 pct after market
May 18 (Reuters) - Air and liquid filtration maker Donaldson Co Inc (DCI.N) gave its third-quarter outlook much above market estimates, sending its shares up 2 percent after market.
For the third quarter, the company sees adjusted earnings of 64 cents to 66 cents a share, on revenue of $498 million.
Analysts on average were expecting the company to earn 54 cents a share, before special items, on revenue of $462.6 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
The company also raised its full-year outlook above market estimates, citing the recent strength of the dollar against the euro.
The company now sees 2010 earnings of $2.10 to $2.20 a share, excluding items, on sales of $1.83 billion to $1.86 billion.
It had earlier forecast full-year earnings of $1.89 to $2.09 a share, excluding restructuring charges, on sales of $1.8 billion. [ID:nSGE61N0MR]
Analysts on average were expecting earnings of $1.97 a share, on revenue of $1.82 billion for 2010.
Shares of the company were trading up 2 percent after the bell at $44.29. They closed at $43.37 Tuesday on the New York Stock Exchange.
For more alert, double click on [ID:nASA00DTS] (Reporting by Fareha Khan in Bangalore; Editing by Unnikrishnan Nair)
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media |
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- IMF's Lagarde put under investigation in French fraud case |