MTV picking up "Teen Wolf"
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - MTV is set to grant a series order to "Teen Wolf," a project based on the 1985 Michael J. Fox film.
Tyler Posey (ABC Family's "Lincoln Heights") will star as a high school student who gets superpowers, including the ability to woo girls, after a wolf attack.
The move has the network betting that after a couple hit vampire shows (HBO's "True Blood," The CW's "Vampire Diaries"), and, naturally, "Twilight," supernatural TV fans might be primed for a more furry hero.
"Teen Wolf" joins another MTV project, a domestic version of the UK hit "Skins," that recently received a series order at the network.
- Israel keeps up Gaza assault; diplomats seek ceasefire |
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake': U.S. officials
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food