Australia's Healthscope lets suitors review books
MELBOURNE May 24 (Reuters) - Australian private hospital operator Healthscope Ltd HSP.AX on Monday said it would let its private equity suitors review its books over the next several weeks as they look to seal a $1.5 billion offer for the group.
Healthscope advised shareholders take no action on the offer of A$5.75 a share from TPG [TPG.UL] and Carlyle [CYL.UL].
"The due diligence process may or may not result in an offer for the company or a recommendation by the board," Healthscope said. ($1=1.201 Australian Dollar) (Reporting by Sonali Paul; Editing by Balazs Koranyi)
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |
- Hong Kong protesters stockpile supplies, fear fresh police advance |
- Stocks head for worst quarter since euro crisis, dollar soars
- China OKs iPhone 6 sale after Apple addresses security concerns
- U.S.-led air strikes pose problem for Assad's moderate foes