CORRECTED-Disney, Gores resume Miramax sale talks-source
(Corrects names in paragraph one to Alec from Alex, to Gores from Gore and to Ron from Rob)
* Disney in talks again with Gores on Miramax
* Suggests exclusive Weinstein, Yucaipa talks over
LOS ANGELES, May 25 (Reuters) - The Walt Disney Co (DIS.N) has resumed negotiations with brothers Alec and Tom Gores on a sale of Miramax, a source familiar with the situation said, signaling a deterioration in discussions with rival bidders the Weinstein Co and billionaire financier Ron Burkle's Yucaipa.
A source familiar with the situation told Reuters last week that exclusive talks with Hollywood producers Harvey and Bob Weinstein and Yucaipa might hit a snag over disagreements about control of Miramax, the studio behind movies "Pulp Fiction" and "The English Patient". [ID:nN21209679]
Disney was not available for a comment. (Reporting by Sue Zeidler, editing by Maureen Bavdek)
- After Nevada ranch stand-off, emboldened militias ask: where next?
- South Korea investigates capsized ferry crew as rescue hampered by tides |
- Retailer Michaels Stores confirms payment card data breach
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official
- Nobel winner Garcia Marquez, master of magical realism, dies at 87 |