UPDATE 1-HEICO Q2 profit beats Street view, ups FY outlook
* Q2 EPS $0.37 vs est $0.34
* Rev up 18 pct
* Sees FY10 EPS $1.44 to $1.48
* Sees FY10 rev $585 mln to $595 mln
May 25 (Reuters) - Aircraft component replacement parts maker HEICO Corp (HEI.N) (HEIa.N) posted a better-than-expected quarterly profit helped by strong performance of its electronic technologies segment, and raised its full-year forecast.
For 2010, the company expects earnings of $1.44 to $1.48 a share, on revenue of between $585 million to $595 million.
Analysts on average expect HEICO to earn $1.46 a share, on revenue of $583.36 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
For the latest second quarter ended April 30, HEICO posted net income of $12.6 million, or 37 cents a share, compared with $10.5 million, or 31 cents a share, a year ago.
Revenue increased 18 percent to $153.9 million.
Analysts on average were expecting a profit of 34 cents a share, excluding items, on revenue of $141.5 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Quarterly sales of the company's electronic technologies group increased 73 percent to a record $51.1 million.
"We continue to expect to see some strengthening in our commercial aviation markets during the second half of calendar 2010," Chief Executive Laurans Mendelson said in a statement. "However, the strength and exact timing of the recovery and resulting benefit to HEICO remains uncertain."
Shares of HEICO closed at $37.88 Tuesday on the New York Stock Exchange. (Reporting by Vinay Sarawagi in Bangalore; Editing by Roshni Menon)
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |
- Pro-Europe protesters gather for rally in Kiev
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Obama defends interim Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel