United flight diverted after turbulence, 3 injured
OTTAWA May 25 (Reuters) - A United Airlines UAUA.O jet was diverted to Montreal on Tuesday after three people on board were injured by severe turbulence over the Atlantic, airport and airline officials said.
The airline said a crew member and two passengers needed immediate medical treatment. The jet had been en route to Los Angeles from London's Heathrow airport.
According to United's website, the flight operates using a Boeing (BA.N) 777 airliner. (Reporting by David Ljunggren in Ottawa and Kyle Peterson in Chicago)
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- 'Everything is fine', Pistorius told guard after shooting girlfriend |