United flight diverted after turbulence, 3 injured
OTTAWA May 25 (Reuters) - A United Airlines UAUA.O jet was diverted to Montreal on Tuesday after three people on board were injured by severe turbulence over the Atlantic, airport and airline officials said.
The airline said a crew member and two passengers needed immediate medical treatment. The jet had been en route to Los Angeles from London's Heathrow airport.
According to United's website, the flight operates using a Boeing (BA.N) 777 airliner. (Reporting by David Ljunggren in Ottawa and Kyle Peterson in Chicago)
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message