UPDATE 1-Semtech Q1 results beat Street; sees strong Q2
* Q1 adj EPS of $0.35 vs est. $0.28
* Q1 rev $101.9 mln vs est. $94.6 mln
* Sees Q2 adj shr $0.37-$0.39, above Street
* Shares up 6 pct in after-market trade
May 26 (Reuters) - Chipmaker Semtech Corp (SMTC.O) posted a better-than-expected quarterly profit helped by a surge in revenue and bookings, signalling an increase in demand in its end markets, sending shares up 6 percent.
The company also provided second-quarter outlook that was well ahead of Street Expectations. For the alerts, click on [ID: nASA00ELX]
Semtech expects second-quarter adjusted profit of 37 cents to 39 cents a share. It expects revenue to increase 6 percent to 10 percent, sequentially.
Analysts were expecting earnings of 29 cents a share, on revenue of $97.4 million.
For the first-quarter ended May 2, the company posted net income of $10.8 million, or 17 cents a share, compared with $4.9 million, or 8 cents a share a year earlier.
Excluding special items, Semtech earned 35 cents a share, beating market estimates of 28 cents a share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Revenue rose 70 percent to $101.9 million, above analysts' expectations of $94.6 million.
Shares of the Camarillo, California-based company closed at $17.94 Wednesday on Nasdaq. (Reporting by Sudipto Ganguly in Bangalore; Editing by Saumyadeb Chakrabarty)
- Study of smoking cancer patients fuels e-cigarette debate
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on Islamic State militants, nuclear program
- Islamic State closes in on Syrian town, refugees flood into Turkey |
- Alibaba IPO ranks as world's biggest after additional shares sold
- Accused White House intruder is decorated Iraq war veteran