- Planetary alignment peaks with celestial show this weekend
- UK fighters escort Pakistan plane to airport, two arrests
- Sixth night of violence in Sweden, but police say capital calmer |
- Judge rules against 'America's toughest sheriff' in racial profiling lawsuit
- Arizona jury foreman says believed Jodi Arias was abused
"True Blood" Bowler actor lands two film roles
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Grant Bowler needs to dig out his passport.
The "True Blood" actor has picked up roles in action feature "The Killer Elite" and indie drama "The City of Gardens," both shooting abroad this month.
Jason Statham, Clive Owen and Robert De Niro star in "Elite," about the real-life efforts of a private British vigilante group to eliminate a band of contract killers. Bowler will play Capt. James Cregg, an SAS officer and war hero who is one of the targets. It is shooting in Australia.
Shooting on location in Peru is "City of Gardens," which centers on a young California surfer in 1980 who is framed and thrown in a jail for political prisoners before escaping.
Bowler will play a schizophrenic named Jesus Christ who is stuck in solitary confinement. John Robinson, James Remar and Deborah Unger also star.
New Zealand-born Bowler has had regular roles on ABC's "Ugly Betty" and "Lost." He returns as Cooter, the deadly biker-turned-werewolf, on the third season of HBO's "True Blood," which premieres June 13.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this