Netanyahu won't hold White House talks
JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has canceled plans to meet U.S. President Barack Obama in Washington on Tuesday, an Israeli statement said, in the wake of a deadly Israeli raid on Gaza-bound ships.
"Netanyahu decided to cut short his visit to Canada and return to Israel early," the statement said on Monday. Netanyahu has been in Canada since Friday for talks with government leaders.
(Writing by Jeffrey Heller, Editing by Ari Rabinovitch)
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |
- Obama, Castro shake hands as world says farewell to peacemaker Mandela |
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Rare Singapore riot forces soul searching over foreign workers