- Planetary alignment peaks with celestial show this weekend
- UK fighters escort Pakistan plane to airport, two arrests
- Arizona jury foreman says believed Jodi Arias was abused
- Judge rules against 'America's toughest sheriff' in racial profiling lawsuit
- Justice Department defends journalist email search
UPDATE 1-Hasbro sues Buzz Bee Toys and Lanard over patents
* Hasbro cites patent violations on Nerf, Super Soaker
* Lawsuit seeks monetary damages
SAN FRANCISCO, June 2 (Reuters) - Toymaker Hasbro Inc HAS.N said on Wednesday that it sued two rivals for what it called patent violations of its Nerf and Super Soaker brands.
The company said Buzz Bee Toys Inc and Lanard Toys Inc had infringed two U.S. patents for its Nerf N-Strike Disc Shot blaster. It said Buzz Bee also infringed a patent related to Hasbro's Nerf Super Soaker toy.
The lawsuit, which was filed in federal court in Massachusetts, seeks monetary damages.
Buzz Bee and Lanard could not be immediately reached for comment. (Reporting by Alexandria Sage. Editing by Robert MacMillan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this