UPDATE 1-VCA Antech to buy PET Drx
* Acquisition priced at $0.34-$0.36/shr * Combined co to operate more than 520 animal hospitals
June 2 (Reuters) - Animal healthcare company VCA Antech Inc (WOOF.O) said it agreed to buy PET DRx Corp VETS.O, a provider of veterinary primary care services, for about $8.5 million, to boost its presence in California.
PET DRx operates 23 animal hospitals with annual revenue of about $64.0 million.
After paying down about $28.5 million of PET's debt, VCA Antech expects the purchase price for PET to be in the range of 34 cents to 36 cents per share.
This represents a premium of about 35 percent to PET's Tuesday closing price of 26 cents.
On closure of the deal, VCA will operate more than 520 animal hospitals in 40 states.
Shares of VCA Antech were trading slighty down at $25.30, while PET shares were up 29 percent at $0.34 Wednesday morning on Nasdaq. (Reporting by Shailesh Kuber in Bangalore; Editing by Anthony Kurian)
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media