Citibank worker says good looks got her fired
NEW YORK, June 3
NEW YORK, June 3 (Reuters) - A woman in New York has sued Citigroup Inc (C.N), accusing the bank of firing her for being too good-looking.
The bank believes the lawsuit should be dismissed, or else sent to arbitration, court records show.
Debrahlee Lorenzana alleged that management had warned her not to dress like her female co-workers because her "shapeliness" upset her "easily distracted" male colleagues and supervisors.
The lawsuit was filed in November 2009. It received new attention after The Village Voice published an article about the 33-year-old, 5-foot-6 (1.68-m), 125-pound (57-kg) Lorenzana.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |