Wrestler Chris Jericho to host game show "Downfall"
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Pro wrestler Chris Jericho, who made his big-screen debut this summer in "MacGruber," has been tapped in to host ABC's upcoming extreme game show "Downfall."
Jericho is well known to wrestling fans, having been in the ring since the 1990s and winning the WWE World Championship six times.
ABC's latest reality contest premieres June 22.
On the six-episode series, contestants try to answer questions while on the roof of a Los Angeles high-rise. Meanwhile, "the largest conveyor belt ever seen on TV" will send potential winnings (cash and prizes), the player's personal possessions and even friends and family over the side of the building.
Jericho will ask players questions and tempt them with various options throughout the game.
- Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people |
- REFILE-UPDATE 3-Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- China helping locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane: TV