UPDATE 2-UTi Worldwide Q1 results beat Wall Street view
* Q1 EPS $0.10 vs est $0.09
* Revenue $1.06 bln vs est $921.8 mln (Adds details)
June 3 (Reuters) - Logistics company UTi Worldwide Inc (UTIW.O) posted better-than-expected quarterly results, helped by higher airfreight and ocean freight volumes.
The company, however, said it was adjusting pricing to reflect higher transportation rates, which continued to be volatile on many trade lanes.
"We are intent on achieving our targeted margins, which may adversely impact volume growth in future months," Chief Executive Eric Kirchner said.
For the first quarter ended April 30, net income was $10.1 million, or 10 cents a share, compared with $9.8 million, or 10 cents a share, a year ago.
Revenue rose 37 percent to $1.06 billion.
Analysts on average had expected earnings of 9 cents a share, before special items, on revenue of $921.8 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Shares of the company were trading up 3 percent at $14.70 Thursday on Nasdaq. (Reporting by Divya Sharma in Bangalore; Editing by Don Sebastian)
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |