- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- North Korea fires short-range missiles for two days in a row |
- Israel warns against Russian arms supply to Syria
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball lottery sold in Florida |
- Toyota plans to increase lithium-ion car battery output-Nikkei
BP to nearly double siphoning in July-Coast Guard
HOUSTON, June 11 |
HOUSTON, June 11 (Reuters) - BP Plc. (BP.L) (BP.N) will seek to nearly double its oil collection capacity by mid-July, the top U.S. official overseeing the Gulf of Mexico spill cleanup effort said on Friday.
Once a "hard cap" containment system is in place by the middle of July, BP's oil-siphoning capacity will rise to up to 50,000 barrels per day, Coast Guard Admiral Thad Allen told reporters at a briefing in Washington.
BP's collection capacity is currently about 18,000 bpd, and will increase to about 28,000 bpd once a new oil-flaring rig is activated next week, Allen said.
(Reporting by Chris Baltimore)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this