Xstrata sticks with Australia copper,zinc business
SYDNEY, June 16
SYDNEY, June 16 (Reuters) - Global miner Xstrata Plc XTA.L on Wednesday stood by its existing copper and zinc mining and metals operations in Australia's Queensland state.
Xstrata, threatening to scrap $5.4 billion in new copper and coal projects if Australia introduces a controversial mining tax, said its Ernest Henry copper mine was a critical part of its operations in Queensland, which also includes the Mount Isa copper and zinc mine and processing operations, a copper refinery and a port. (Reporting by James Regan; Editing by Michael Perry)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack
- Doctor with Ebola in New York hospital after return from Guinea
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.