UPDATE 1-BP oil spill costs hit $2 bln
* BP said it paid out $105 mln to people hit by oil spill
* Company agreed to place $20 bln in a fund for victims
LONDON, June 21 (Reuters) - Oil giant BP (BP.L) said on Monday the cost of its response to the Gulf of Mexico oil spill had hit $2 billion and that it had paid out $105 million in damages to those affected by the disaster. [ID:nN19188555]
BP added in a statement that it rejected claims by its partner in the oil well, Anadarko Petroleum (APC.N), that it had been negligent in the way it executed the well.
BP agreed last week to place $20 billion in a fund to compensate victims of the oil spill.
(Editing by Sharon Lindores)
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides |
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
- Mandela signer hits back: I'm sign language champion |