Honda: 2nd China plant halted; strike at NHK Spring
TOKYO, June 23
TOKYO, June 23 (Reuters) - Honda Motor Co (7267.T) said a second factory of Chinese joint venture Guangqi Honda would be suspended from the second shift on Wednesday due to a strike at a Chinese factory of Japan's NHK Spring (5991.T).
Japan's No.2 automaker had halted production from the first shift at the other Guangqi Honda plant, in Huangpu, also because of a shortage of supply from NHK Spring.
NHK Spring, which also supplies springs for suspensions to Toyota Motor Corp (7203.T) and Nissan Motor Co (7201.T), said workers have been on strike since late Tuesday. (Reporting by Chang-Ran Kim)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner