Honda: 2nd China plant halted; strike at NHK Spring
TOKYO, June 23
TOKYO, June 23 (Reuters) - Honda Motor Co (7267.T) said a second factory of Chinese joint venture Guangqi Honda would be suspended from the second shift on Wednesday due to a strike at a Chinese factory of Japan's NHK Spring (5991.T).
Japan's No.2 automaker had halted production from the first shift at the other Guangqi Honda plant, in Huangpu, also because of a shortage of supply from NHK Spring.
NHK Spring, which also supplies springs for suspensions to Toyota Motor Corp (7203.T) and Nissan Motor Co (7201.T), said workers have been on strike since late Tuesday. (Reporting by Chang-Ran Kim)
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions