UPDATE 1-Gilead to acquire CGI for up to $120 mln
* CGI focused on small molecule chemistry and biology
* Funding will come from cash on hand
* Expects deal to close in the third quarter
BOSTON, June 25 (Reuters) - Gilead Sciences Inc (GILD.O) said on Friday it agreed to acquire privately held drug discovery company CGI Pharmaceuticals Inc for up to $120 million.
CGI has generated a library of small molecule kinase inhibitors. Its lead compound could have unique applications for the treatment of inflammatory diseases, including rheumatoid arthritis, Gilead said.
Funding for the deal will come from cash on hand. Most will consist of an upfront payment, and the remainder will be based on clinical development progress.
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media