Sony's PlayStation near deal with Hulu: report
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Sony Corp is near a deal with video website Hulu LLC to carry a paid TV service from Hulu on Sony's PlayStation game consoles, Bloomberg reported on Thursday, citing people with knowledge of the talks.
The partnership could be announced as soon as next week, Bloomberg said.
PlayStation 3 owners registered on the console's web service will be able to subscribe to a planned Hulu pay service to get on-demand access to current prime-time television shows, according to the report.
Hulu and Sony could not immediately be reached for comment.
Hulu plans to soon begin charging customers and is looking to expand its content to consumer devices like the Xbox and iPad, sources have told Reuters, as the site's media owners experiment with platforms beyond an ad-supported TV model.
(Reporting by Nick Zieminski; Editing by Dhara Ranasinghe)
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- NYC buildings explosion kills two, more missing
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- EU moves towards travel bans, asset freezes for Russians |
- Exclusive: EU approves framework for asset freezes, travel bans on Russia