UPDATE 1-Deals of the day -- mergers and acquisitions
(Updates China Resources)
June 29 (Reuters) - The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals involving European, U.S. and Asian companies were reported by 0900 GMT on Tuesday.
(For Reuters columns on deals, click on [DEALTALK/]
** China Resources Enterprise has bought an 80 percent stake in Hong Kong coffee chain Pacific Coffee for HK$326.6 million ($41.97 million), in a move by the retail firm to enter the coffee store business in the mainland that is now dominated by U.S. chains.
To read more, please double click on [ID:nTOE65S04T]
** Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P. (SXL.N) said it signed an agreement to buy a butane-blending business from Texon L.P. for $140 million plus inventory. [ID:nSGE65R0JV]
** Staffing services provider CDI Corp (CDI.N) acquired L. Robert Kimball & Associates Inc and said the deal is expected to add to earnings from the third quarter of 2010. [ID:nSGE64J0LN] (Compiled by Tina Kwan in Singapore, Megha Mandavia in Bangalore)
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- At least 15 die in Israeli shelling of Gaza school as toll exceeds 750 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Minnesota man asked to leave Southwest flight after critical tweet