UPDATE 1-Biolase cuts 20 jobs, says CEO to act as interim CFO
* Sees saving $3 mln annually
* To take charges of $70,000 in Q2
July 13 (Reuters) - Biolase Technology Inc BLTI.O said on Tuesday it cut 20 jobs to save costs and would take related charges in the second quarter.
The dental laser company, which on Monday said its Chief Financial Officer Brett Scott had resigned, added its CEO David Mulder and its corporate controller will take on the CFO's responsibilities for an interim period.
Biolase, which employed about 151 people as at December 2009, expects to incur about $70,000 in charges related to the job cuts in the second quarter, it said in a statement. It expects to reduce expenses by about $3 million annually.
Shares of Biolase closed at $1.38 Monday on Nasdaq. (Reporting by Krishnakali Sengupta in Bangalore; Editing by Aradhana Aravindan)
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Lost Malaysian airliner may have run out of fuel over Indian Ocean: source |
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data