- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- North Korea fires short-range missiles for two days in a row |
- Israel warns against Russian arms supply to Syria
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball lottery sold in Florida |
- Toyota plans to increase lithium-ion car battery output-Nikkei
UPDATE 1-Stereotaxis says Q2 capital orders double from 2009
* Says new orders from North America totaled $5.1 mln
* Says generated new capital orders of $10.2 million in Q2 * Shares up as much as 34 pct
July 13 (Reuters) - Medical device maker Stereotaxis Inc (STXS.O) said new capital orders in the second quarter more-than-doubled from last year, sending its shares up as much as 34 percent in morning trade.
The company said it generated new capital orders of $10.2 million during the quarter, of which the largest increase of $5.1 million was from North America where it focused on clinical adoption.
"Our new capital order momentum in the quarter validates our view that driving clinical adoption builds both procedure revenue and market interest," Chief Executive Michael Kaminski said.
The company also said procedures in the U.S. were steadily increasing, resulting in higher utilization of its products.
Shares of the company were trading up 24 percent at $3.91 Tuesday morning on Nasdaq. They touched a high of $4.23 earlier in the session. (Reporting by Krishnakali Sengupta in Bangalore; Editing by Jarshad Kakkrakandy)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this