Piers Morgan could earn $18 million at CNN
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Piers Morgan reportedly stands to make $5-6 million annually over the next three years if he takes Larry King's seat at CNN.
That's just one of the beats in the news cycle Wednesday following the revelation that the "America's Got Talent" judge is on the verge of signing a deal with the news network to take CNN's 9 p.m. slot. Morgan would keep his seat on "Got Talent" if he accepted the job, with his NBC duties having top priority.
NBC Universal CEO Jeff Zucker told a morning news program that Morgan "approached us about ... another job as well, and those conversations are continuing. I don't think they're mutually exclusive."
Last month, King announced that he would retire in November after hosting "Larry King Live" for 25 years. In an interview with Forbes, King said Tuesday that he would have preferred Ryan Seacrest landed the gig.
"He's my favorite," King said. "It's subjective because he's my friend, but I think he'd be immediately accepted. ... I've never watched 'America's Got Talent,' and I don't know if I'd recognize (Morgan) if he was walking down the street."
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Libya threatens to bomb North Korean tanker if it ships oil from rebel port