UPDATE 1-Emerge Oil to buy interest in Saskatchewan lands
* Enters into farm-in agreement with private co
* Says land located near Greater Lloydminster operations
July 19 (Reuters) - Canada's Emerge Oil & Gas Inc EME.TO said it entered into a farm-in agreement with a private company to buy an interest in certain oil prospective lands, located near Emerge's operations in the Greater Lloydminster area of Saskatchewan.
The deal would give Emerge access to about 24,640 net acres or about 38.5 net sections of undeveloped land, prospective for production of Mannville heavy oil, the company said in a statement.
Emerge said it plans to commence drilling in the first quarter of 2011.
Shares of the Calgary, Alberta-based company were down 1.5 percent at C$3.40 Monday afternoon on the Toronto Stock Exchange. (Reporting by Ashutosh Joshi in Bangalore; Editing by Vyas Mohan)
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Islamic State militants behead captive Lebanese soldier: video
- China and Hong Kong poised for showdown over democracy
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic