UPDATE 1-Emerge Oil to buy interest in Saskatchewan lands
* Enters into farm-in agreement with private co
* Says land located near Greater Lloydminster operations
July 19 (Reuters) - Canada's Emerge Oil & Gas Inc EME.TO said it entered into a farm-in agreement with a private company to buy an interest in certain oil prospective lands, located near Emerge's operations in the Greater Lloydminster area of Saskatchewan.
The deal would give Emerge access to about 24,640 net acres or about 38.5 net sections of undeveloped land, prospective for production of Mannville heavy oil, the company said in a statement.
Emerge said it plans to commence drilling in the first quarter of 2011.
Shares of the Calgary, Alberta-based company were down 1.5 percent at C$3.40 Monday afternoon on the Toronto Stock Exchange. (Reporting by Ashutosh Joshi in Bangalore; Editing by Vyas Mohan)
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Malaysian jetliner may have turned back before vanishing |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea despite U.S. warning |