Sara Gilbert talk show to replace veteran CBS soap
NEW YORK (Hollywood Reporter) - A daily talk show hosted by former "Roseanne" actress Sara Gilbert, which looks at current issues through the eyes of mothers, will replace CBS' daytime soap "As the World Turns" this fall.
Sources on Wednesday confirmed the plans for the show, which is also set to feature panelists Julie Chen, Holly Robinson Peete, Sharon Osbourne and Leah Remini.
Deadline Hollywood first reported that CBS had picked the show as the replacement for "World" -- which goes off the air in September after a 54 year run. The network had also considered a new version of "Pyramid" with Andy Richter as host and a cooking game show with Emeril Lagasse.
The L.A.-based show, which will likely draw comparisons to "The View," has a tentative October launch date. Gilbert, 35, who played the acerbic daughter on "Roseanne," has two children with her lesbian partner Allison Adler.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |