AIRSHOW-Virgin America orders up to 60 Airbus planes
FARNBOROUGH, England, July 22
FARNBOROUGH, England, July 22 (Reuters) - British entrepreneur Richard Branson provided a closing flourish to the Farnborough Airshow by doubling the size of his Virgin America airline fleet by video link from the Caribbean on Thursday.
The founder of airline Virgin Atlantic announced an order for 40 Airbus A320 single-aisle jets worth $3.3 billion plus options for 20 more.
"I am happy to celebrate my 60th birthday this week and I can't think of a better present than getting 60 new planes," Branson said during a link-up to the Farnborough Airshow from the Caribbean. (Reporting by Tim Hepher; Editing by James Regan)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Doctor with Ebola in New York hospital after return from Guinea |
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.