Mexico's America Movil 2nd qtr net falls 18 pct y/y
MEXICO CITY, July 22
MEXICO CITY, July 22 (Reuters) - America Movil, the largest cellphone operator in Latin America, said its net profit fell 18 percent in the second quarter compared to the year-ago period, which was in line with analysts' forecasts.
America Movil (AMXL.MX) (AMX.N), controlled by billionaire Carlos Slim, said on Thursday it earned 18.732 billion pesos ($1.45 billion) in the April-June period.
($1=12.94 at end-June) (Reporting by Noel Randewich)
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- UPDATE 1-China central bank warns banks against use of bitcoin
- China central bank warns banks against use of bitcoin
- China's airspace zone has caused apprehension: Biden |