UPDATE 1-Forward Air Q2 profit beats Street, sees strong Q3
* Q2 EPS $0.27 vs est $0.23
* Q2 oper. rev up 23 pct at $122.1 mln
* Sees Q3 EPS $0.28-$0.32, above Street view
July 22 (Reuters) - Air cargo company Forward Air Corp's (FWRD.O) posted quarterly income that beat market estimates, helped by higher volumes, and forecast third-quarter earnings above view. For the second quarter, the company earned $7.9 million, or 27 cents per share, compared with $2.8 million, or 10 cents a share, a year ago.
Operating revenue was up 23 percent to $122.1 million, the company said.
Analysts on average were expecting the company to post earnings of 23 cents per share on revenue of $115.8 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
The company, which provides surface transportation and related logistics to the deferred airfreight market, forecast third-quarter earnings between 28 cents a share and 32 cents a share.
It expects third-quarter revenue to increase 20 percent to 25 percent.
Analysts expect the company to post earnings of 26 cents a share on revenue of $119.9 million.
Shares of the company closed at $29.50 Thursday on Nasdaq. (Reporting by Siddharth Cavale in Bangalore; Editing by Don Sebastian)
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- National Guard start pullout as protests in Ferguson turn calmer |
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video |
- U.S. aid workers who survived Ebola leave Atlanta hospital |
- Class action against Facebook attracts 60,000 users