- Magnitude 5.7 quake strikes Northern California: U.S. Geological Survey
- Bridge collapses in Washington state, sending cars into river
- Large U.S. retailers sue Visa, MasterCard over card fees
- British police ponder conspiracy after soldier murder |
- Analysis: Markets face rough summer ride as Fed pullback feared
Thriller with Natalie Portman to open Venice fest
ROME (Reuters) - "Black Swan," a psychological thriller starring Natalie Portman as a ballerina, will open this year's Venice film festival, organizers said on Thursday.
The film, by U.S. director Darren Aronofsky, also features Vincent Cassel and Winona Ryder and centers on the rivalry between two dancers at a ballet company in New York.
Aronofsky won Venice's top prize, the Golden Lion, in 2008 with "The Wrestler."
The Venice festival runs from Sept 1-11. The full line-up will be unveiled later this month.
(Editing by Steve Addison)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this