UPDATE 1-NxStage Q2 loss narrows, ups 2010 revenue view
* Q2 loss/shr $0.17 vs est loss/shr $0.18
* Revenue rises 21 pct to $44 mln
* Ups 2010 revenue to $170-$175 mln vs est $168.6 mln
July 23 (Reuters) - Dialysis products maker NxStage Medical Inc (NXTM.O) posted a narrower-than-expected quarterly loss, helped by strong performance across its segments, and raised its full-year revenue view.
The company now expects 2010 revenue of $170 million to $175 million but maintained its loss outlook of 60 cents to 71 cents a share for the year.
Analysts on average were expecting a loss of 65 cents a share, on revenue of $168.6 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
For the second quarter, the company reported a net loss of $8.3 million, or 17 cents a share, compared with a loss of $12.5 million, or 27 cents a share, a year ago.
Revenue rose 21 percent to $44 million. Its home market grew 37 percent while its in-center market grew 4 percent and critical care segment rose 27 percent.
Analysts on average were expecting a loss of 18 cents a share, on revenue of $41.1 million.
Shares of the company closed at $13.88 Thursday on Nasdaq. (Reporting by Anand Basu in Bangalore; Editing by Gopakumar Warrier)
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Easter Island's ancient inhabitants weren't so lonely after all
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |