"Darth Vader" strikes NY bank
NEW YORK (Reuters) - The Force was with a man when he robbed a bank wearing a Darth Vader mask and a cape.
Armed with a gun instead of a light saber, the man entered a Chase bank branch in Setauket, New York, about 50 miles east of New York City, on Thursday and demanded cash from a teller, police said. He fled through a parking lot with an undisclosed amount of money.
The bandit dressed as the "Star Wars" villain was part of a mini-outbreak of unusual bank robbers in the New York area.
Earlier this week, New York City police arrested a man accused of robbing two banks with a bunch of flowers and a potted plant.
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad
- EU threatens Russia with more sanctions, but words ring hollow