UPDATE 1-Jones Apparel signs license deal with Inter Parfums
* Says to launch perfumes under Nine West brand
* Plans initial launch in fall 2011
* Says deal ends in 2016 with a provision for renewal
July 26 (Reuters) - Jones Apparel Group Inc JNY.N said it signed a license deal with a unit of fragrance maker Inter Parfums Inc (IPAR.O) to manufacture and distribute women's fragrances under the Nine West brand.
The line would be launched in fall 2011, Jones Apparel said, adding the initial term of the agreement would end on Dec. 31, 2016 with a provision for further renewal.
The company said the initial Nine West signature fragrance would be marketed and sold globally, and the deal also grants Firmenich, a private fragrance design company, the exclusive rights to create and supply the initial Nine West fragrance to Inter Parfums and Jones.
Jones Apparel's Nine West brand is currently sold in 59 countries.
Shares of Jones Apparel closed at $16.26 Friday on the New York Stock Exchange, while Inter Parfums shares closed at $15.80 Friday on Nasdaq. (Reporting by Vidya Lakshmi in Bangalore; Editing by Gopakumar Warrier)
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media |
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- Ukraine warns Europe of Russian gas cut-off, Moscow denies