UPDATE 1-Choice Hotels Q2 profit edges past Street view
* Q2 EPS $0.45 vs est $0.44
* Q2 revPAR up 0.3 pct
* Sees Q3 revPAR up 6 pct
* Ups FY10 revPAR view to flat to up 2 pct
* Sees FY10 EPS $1.70-$1.72
July 27 (Reuters) - Choice Hotels International Inc's (CHH.N) second-quarter profit edged past Wall Street expectations as revenue per available room crawled into positive territory for the first time in two years.
The company expects third-quarter earnings of 57 cents, in line with estimates, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Choice Hotels expects a 6 percent increase in revenue per available room (revPAR) in the third quarter.
For the second quarter, Choice Hotels posted net income of $27 million, or 45 cents a share, compared with $25.5 million, or 42 cents last year.
Analysts were expecting the company to earn 44 cents a share in the quarter.
Domestic systemwide RevPAR in the quarter rose 0.3 percent, lagging more luxury oriented peers like Starwood Hotels and Resorts (HOT.N) and Marriott International Inc MAR.N which are leading the recovery in the lodging industry.
Shares of Choice, which franchises Comfort Inn and Cambria Suites hotels, closed at $34.53 Tuesday on the New York Stock Exchange. (Reporting by Abhishek Takle in Bangalore; Editing by Maju Samuel)
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- NYC buildings explosion kills 2, more missing
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Exclusive: EU approves framework for asset freezes, travel bans on Russia
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |