US STOCKS-Wall St slightly pares losses after Chicago PMI
NEW YORK, July 30
NEW YORK, July 30 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks slightly pared losses after data on Friday showed business activity in the U.S. Midwest grew more than expected this month as businesses boosted employment and orders.
For full story see [ID:nN30265688].
The Dow Jones industrial average .DJI was down 68.42 points, or 0.65 percent, at 10,398.74. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index .SPX was down 8.38 points, or 0.76 percent, at 1,093.15. The Nasdaq Composite Index .IXIC was down 24.05 points, or 1.07 percent, at 2,227.64. (Reporting by Angela Moon; Editing by James Dalgleish)
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data