Dell to sell tablet for $300 with AT&T contract
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Dell Inc will begin selling its new tablet device called the Dell Streak to U.S. customers later this week for $299.99 with a two-year AT&T Inc contract, and for $549.99 without, it said on Tuesday.
Dell said it would begin taking orders online on Thursday.
The company is hoping the five-inch tablet, which runs on Google Inc's Android operating system, will help it take on Apple Inc's iPad.
(Reporting by Ritsuko Ando; Editing by Gary Hill)
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
Protesters respond to calls to defend their demonstration from possible police intervention. Slideshow