UPDATE 1-Maidenform Q2 beats Street
* Q2 EPS $0.59 vs est $0.47
* Q2 rev $149.4 mln vs est $138.02 mln
* Sees Q3 EPS largely above est; full-yr view beats
Aug 11 (Reuters) - Shapewear sales lifted Maidenform Brands Inc's MFB.N quarterly results, prompting the intimate apparel maker to forecast a healthy year ahead.
Maidenform, whose brands include Flexees, Lilyette and Sweet Nothings besides its namesake line, also forecast third-quarter profit largely ahead of estimates.
"We are particularly pleased that sales from some of our newer strategic initiatives like Donna Karan and international are beginning to accelerate and have a greater impact on our overall performance," Chief Executive Maurice Reznik said in a statement.
Maidenform, which competes with Victoria's Secret parent Limited Brands Inc LTD.N, said second-quarter sales at department stores and national chain stores channel increased 17.5 percent, while its mass-merchant sales jumped 61 percent during the quarter.
For the alerts, please click [ID:nASA00N6S]
Maidenform shares had closed at $25.58 Tuesday on the New York Stock Exchange. (Reporting by Nivedita Bhattacharjee in Bangalore; Editing by Maju Samuel)
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand
- Ukraine war crimes trials a step closer after Red Cross assessment
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food
- Plane with first coffins of Malaysian airliner victims leaves Ukraine |