UPDATE 1-Elizabeth Arden posts quarterly profit
* Q4 adj EPS $0.13 vs loss $0.07 yr earlier
* Net sales up 7.4 percent to $228.2 mln
* Sees EPS of $1.15-$1.25 for FY'11, $0.10-$0.15 for Q1
CHICAGO, Aug 12 (Reuters) - Elizabeth Arden Inc (RDEN.O) posted a quarterly profit on Thursday versus a year-earlier loss, helped by cost efficiencies.
Net earnings for the beauty company were $2.3 million, or 8 cents a share, compared to a loss of $3.6 million, or 13 cents a share, in the same quarter of 2009.
Excluding items, earnings were 13 cents per share.
Net sales for the fourth quarter ended June 30 were $228.2 million, an increase of 7.4 percent.
Elizabeth Arden forecast earnings of $1.15 to $1.25 per share for 2011 and 10 cents to 15 cents per share for the first quarter.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Ottawa pushes for business as usual after shootings |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria: monitor