UPDATE 1-Elizabeth Arden posts quarterly profit
* Q4 adj EPS $0.13 vs loss $0.07 yr earlier
* Net sales up 7.4 percent to $228.2 mln
* Sees EPS of $1.15-$1.25 for FY'11, $0.10-$0.15 for Q1
CHICAGO, Aug 12 (Reuters) - Elizabeth Arden Inc (RDEN.O) posted a quarterly profit on Thursday versus a year-earlier loss, helped by cost efficiencies.
Net earnings for the beauty company were $2.3 million, or 8 cents a share, compared to a loss of $3.6 million, or 13 cents a share, in the same quarter of 2009.
Excluding items, earnings were 13 cents per share.
Net sales for the fourth quarter ended June 30 were $228.2 million, an increase of 7.4 percent.
Elizabeth Arden forecast earnings of $1.15 to $1.25 per share for 2011 and 10 cents to 15 cents per share for the first quarter.
- More troops deployed in Ferguson to guard against fresh riots |
- Merkel hits diplomatic dead-end with Putin
- Jewish-nation bill frays Israel's delicate social fabric
- Ukraine reports new arrivals of Russian supplies for eastern rebels |
- Gunshots echo as violence returns to Ferguson, protests across U.S.
We are living longer but not creating financial plans to keep pace. Advisers give tips on how to make sure you don’t outlive your money. Video