- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- North Korea fires short-range missiles for two days in a row |
- Israel warns against Russian arms supply to Syria
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball lottery sold in Florida |
- Toyota plans to increase lithium-ion car battery output-Nikkei
UPDATE 1-Oracle says sues Google over Android
* Oracle says Google infringed Java-related property
* About 200,000 devices with Android sold daily
NEW YORK Aug 12 (Reuters) - Oracle Corp (ORCL.O) on Thursday said it has sued Google Inc (GOOG.O), alleging patent and copyright infringement in the development of Android software.
Google "knowingly, directly and repeatedly infringed Oracle's Java-related intellectual property" in developing Android, Oracle spokeswoman Karen Tillman said in a statement. "This lawsuit seeks appropriate remedies."
About 200,000 smartphones and other devices based on the Android operating system are sold each day, Google Chief Executive Eric Schmidt said at an Aug. 4 conference. [ID:nN04105926]
A copy of the complaint was not immediately available. Oracle and Google each did not immediately return multiple requests for comment. (Reporting by Jonathan Stempel in New York; Editing by Gary Hill)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this