LAN says signs non-binding deal with TAM to merge
SANTIAGO Aug 13 (Reuters) - Chile's flagship airline LAN LAN.SN said on Friday it has signed a non-binding agreement with Brazil's TAM TAMM4.SA(TAM.N) to merge both companies.
Shares in LAN surged over 7.7 percent after an earlier report on the possible merger.
(Reporting by Brad Haynes; Editing by Gunna Dickson)
- Study of smoking cancer patients fuels e-cigarette debate
- Alibaba IPO ranks as world's biggest after additional shares sold
- Islamic State closes in on Syrian town, refugees flood into Turkey |
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on Islamic State militants, nuclear program
- Accused White House intruder is decorated Iraq war veteran