LAN says signs non-binding deal with TAM to merge
SANTIAGO Aug 13 (Reuters) - Chile's flagship airline LAN LAN.SN said on Friday it has signed a non-binding agreement with Brazil's TAM TAMM4.SA(TAM.N) to merge both companies.
Shares in LAN surged over 7.7 percent after an earlier report on the possible merger.
(Reporting by Brad Haynes; Editing by Gunna Dickson)
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Easter truce |
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry |