LAN says signs non-binding deal with TAM to merge
SANTIAGO Aug 13 (Reuters) - Chile's flagship airline LAN LAN.SN said on Friday it has signed a non-binding agreement with Brazil's TAM TAMM4.SA(TAM.N) to merge both companies.
Shares in LAN surged over 7.7 percent after an earlier report on the possible merger.
(Reporting by Brad Haynes; Editing by Gunna Dickson)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans
- U.S. diplomats, but not prosecutors, seek to quell India dispute |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter