Hynix says to invest $573 mln to expand facility
SEOUL Aug 13 (Reuters) - Hynix Semiconductor (000660.KS), the world's No. 2 memory chip maker, said on Friday it planned to invest 677.0 billion won ($572.7 million) to expand an existing facility.
Hynix said in a filing to the Korea Exchange that it would spend the money to upgrade the facility as well as on research and development. ($1=1182.0 WON) (Reporting by Cheon Jong-woo; Editing by Jonathan Hopfner)
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt |
- Global shares jump, yen slumps as BOJ cranks up stimulus |
- Japan's central bank shocks markets with more easing as inflation slows
- Oil price declines have small-cap shale investors scrambling