Hynix says to invest $573 mln to expand facility
SEOUL Aug 13 (Reuters) - Hynix Semiconductor (000660.KS), the world's No. 2 memory chip maker, said on Friday it planned to invest 677.0 billion won ($572.7 million) to expand an existing facility.
Hynix said in a filing to the Korea Exchange that it would spend the money to upgrade the facility as well as on research and development. ($1=1182.0 WON) (Reporting by Cheon Jong-woo; Editing by Jonathan Hopfner)
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- Dollar soars to six-year peak on yen after Fed, Tokyo stocks cheer
- Australian PM says police raids follow threat of beheading
- Apple to unveil new iPads, operating system on Oct. 21: report
- IMF warns of risks from 'excessive' financial market bets