REFILE-BMW China to recall imported cars
(Corrects web site link in paragraph 2)
BEIJING Aug 17 (Reuters) - BMW China (BMWG.DE) will recall imported BMW 5 series GT cars from Friday, due to problems with the fuel tank that can cause stalling, China's product safety watchdog said on Tuesday.
No accidents or casualties were reported in a statement about the recall posted on the website of the General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine (www.aqsiq.gov.cn).
The recalled cars were produced between January 12 and June 30 this year. There are 5,308 in China, the statement said. (Reporting by Emma Graham-Harrison; Editing by Jon Loades-Carter)
- Gunman killed, three students shot in Florida university library |
- Naked outdoor protest over SeaWorld float in NY's Thanksgiving parade
- Pope to raffle gifts given to him to raise money for the poor
- Banking culture breeds dishonesty, scientific study finds
- Exclusive: U.S. to allow people from nations hit by Ebola to stay temporarily