Browns punter Zastudil out for season with injury
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Cleveland Browns punter Dave Zastudil will miss the 2010 NFL season because of a right knee injury that has not recovered from surgery as expected, the team said on Tuesday.
Zastudil missed the second half of last season after he was placed on injured reserve.
"He's worked hard at it and worked with his doctor and our doctor on many different things," Browns coach Eric Mangini told the team's website (www.clevelandbrowns.com). "It wasn't making any progress."
Reggie Hodges, who stepped in for Zastudil last season and averaged 39.8 yards per punt over 45 kicks, will take over the starting duties fro the Browns.
(Writing by Larry Fine, Editing by Frank Pingue)
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- Putin rebuffs Obama as Ukraine crisis escalates |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine