Police bust Paris "booby" trap gang
PARIS (Reuters) - French police have arrested two teenage girls they say stole hundreds of euros from unsuspecting cash machine customers after distracting them by flashing their breasts.
The 14-year old girls were taken to the Paris prosecutor's office to face charges while a 12 year-old accomplice was placed in a home, police said.
The girls first struck last week when they approached a man withdrawing cash from an automated teller machine (ATM) in the sixth district of Paris.
One of the girls tried to distract him by sticking a newspaper under his nose. When that failed, she opened her shirt and grabbed his crotch, while the other girl swiped 300 euros ($385).
The girls struck again with the help of the 12-year old a few days later, using the same method to steal 500 euros from a woman.
(Reporting by Bate Felix; Editing by Steve Addison)
- Ukraine president accuses Russian soldiers of backing rebel thrust |
- Video shows Islamic State executes scores of Syrian soldiers |
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- Comedian Joan Rivers, 81, rushed to New York hospital
- U.S. air strikes on Syria would face formidable obstacles