STOCKS NEWS EUROPE-Shares stay weak as Wall Street falls
European shares stay weak as Wall Street falls in early trade on concerns over slowing global economic growth, with construction stocks in Europe weighing.
The pan-European FTSEurofirst 300 .FTEU3 index of top shares is 0.7 percent lower at 1,030.13 points.
Construction stocks are among the worst performers in Europe. Holcim (HOLN.VX), Lafarge (LAFP.PA), Saint-Gobain (SGOB.PA) and HeidelbergCement (HEIG.DE) slip 0.7 to 2.4 percent.
In the United States, the Dow Jones industrial average .DJI, the S&P 500 .SPX and the Nasdaq Composite .IXIC fall 0.2 to 0.3 percent.
Reuters Messaging rm://email@example.com
- Still no sign of Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Timeline: Malaysia Airlines flight to Beijing missing in Asia
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official