STOCKS NEWS EUROPE-Shares stay weak as Wall Street falls
European shares stay weak as Wall Street falls in early trade on concerns over slowing global economic growth, with construction stocks in Europe weighing.
The pan-European FTSEurofirst 300 .FTEU3 index of top shares is 0.7 percent lower at 1,030.13 points.
Construction stocks are among the worst performers in Europe. Holcim (HOLN.VX), Lafarge (LAFP.PA), Saint-Gobain (SGOB.PA) and HeidelbergCement (HEIG.DE) slip 0.7 to 2.4 percent.
Reuters Messaging rm://firstname.lastname@example.org
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Ukrainian riot police clash with protesters in Kiev square
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $344 million, fourth biggest in its history
- Texas actress pleads guilty for ricin-laced letter sent to Obama