First Solar to start building China solar plant 2011
SHANGHAI (Reuters) - First Solar expects construction of a solar power plant in Inner Mongolia to begin next year, the China Business News reported on Tuesday, citing a person from the U.S. company.
First Solar had earlier expected to start building the plant, which will be the world's largest, in June this year, the newspaper said.
The company is still awaiting approval from the authorities before it can start construction work, it added.
Under a memorandum of understanding with the Chinese government, First Solar will build a 2-gigawatt power plant, enough to power about 3 million Chinese households, at Ordos City, in Inner Mongolia.
(Reporting by Soo Ai Peng; Editing by Jacqueline Wong)
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- Amish girl in Ohio will not be forced to resume chemo for cancer
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |